Software Project Manager
IrisVision is looking for a highly skilled Project manager with experience developing Software as a Medical Device (SaMD), Digital Healthcare or Digital Therapeutics. This candidate will manage a cross-functional team beginning with the creation of the UX, UI and set of features. The ideal candidate must have experience with an Agile Scrum environment that can extrapolate critical features from user stories and develop an Epic with a product backlog. Candidate must generate project artifacts such as a project plan, traceability matrix and manage a design history file so technical writing skills are a must have.
(This is a contract to hire position which can be done remotely but we would prefer someone from Bay Area)
IrisVision is the global leader in digital vision technologies. We have developed the world’s first and only smart visual assistive device built on wearable VR technology to help millions of vision-impaired people regain their sight, achieve independence and do the things they love.
- Serves as the intermediary between the technical and business day-to-day operations of medical device development to organize a project plan that satisfies milestones and deadlines with required deliverables. May be required to identify the topics/subject areas that need further input from subject matter experts. Facilitates these conversations and prepares materials to ensure these communications are efficient and effective.
- Design and execute a project plan to meet defined milestone and deadline deliverables; communicate with internal/external teams: plan, task, timeline, status, budget
- Demonstrates proposed solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, and charts, as well as hardware concepts, hardware selection processes etc., documenting project decisions and methodologies.
- Identify and mitigate project/business risks; appropriately correct course of action, budget, and schedule.
- Serve as technical or backup resource in additional departments as needed; identify opportunities for productivity and quality improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-10 years of Software Project Management experience.
- 3 years of medical device project management and commercialization experience.
- Experience in FDA and ISO regulations.
- Experience in implementing SaMD (Software as Medical device) including alpha and beta testing.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; ability to connect with and influence internal and external contacts at every level.
- Ability to interpret user requirements, technical specifications, illustrations and written documents.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving.