VP, Product & Strategy
The VP of Product & Strategy is responsible for defining and communicating the strategic path of both IrisVision current and future products as well as being engaged in the day-to-day decisions regarding product development and product releases. This includes product conception, definition, launch, and post-launch activities, including increasing the profitability of existing products. This role is responsible for managing products and services through the development cycle as well as working with and influencing sales, marketing, finance, analytics, operations, implementation and product development, and senior management to achieve revenue and profit goals.
Product Strategy: Align product strategy and direction with the company’s 3-year plan. Expand the current product strategy of enhancing the single point vision products that is serving the existing customers to developing a scalable solution that brings innovation to current product lines while serving additional stakeholders with the rollout of new product. Get leaderships buy-in for launching new products, and partner with finance and technology in measuring the cost vs. return when building a business case to secure funding.
Product Management: Improve the solution and prioritization of enhancements and feature requests and increase the efficiency of deliverables through release cycles. Assist sales, marketing, and operations in driving critical enhancements, accelerating new product development, and improving new product implementations.
Product Development: Improve the quality of product development by enhancing the discovery and framing process of new products and incorporating lead product management methodologies with customer feedback to improve current products. Drive the new development of features and enhancements and adhere them to compliance needs and business objective.
Product Roadmap: Develop and maintain a product roadmap for enhancements of the all products/projects with an improved in-take of feature / issues, and prioritization.
Product Delivery: Works with customers, internal and stakeholders to define product requirements and functionality and be responsible to deliver solutions per business needs.
Product Leadership: Engages in customer-facing activities such as conferences, tradeshows, and customer visits. Assist marketing in producing content for industry relations.
Market Research: Conduct market research including reviewing quantitative and qualative data, customers and user interviews in determining the market oppoertunities, and identify opportunites for new products and enhacements based on IrisVision strengths and competition.
Financial Accountability: Manages appropriate ROI and related financial analysis of products. Identifies product enhancements to balance a favorable return on investment with customer needs.
Supervision: The VP of Product Management will have the product and engineering teams reporting to him/her.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
BS Degree or equivalent work/industry experience.
• 10+ years proven experience in high-tech business management, product management or engineering which includes some combination of forecasting and budgeting, product and/or business strategy determination, market research, pricing analysis and/or product development.
• Healthcare experience is required.
• Digital Healthcare experience is a plus.
• Prefer experience in managing products involving consumer devices or medical devices.
• Prefer experience in taking products from inception to launch.
• Demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience.
• Extensive user interface design experience.
• Ability to assess product opportunities through market research and client feedback to develop market sizing, pricing, costing and ROI analysis
• Experience with project development methodology (ie. Agile, Extreme Programing) is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Presentation skills to present to and persuade large and diverse audiences.
Job Type: Full time