The IrisVision Coach is responsible for providing new customers with a remote educational experience to onboard them with the IrisVision Virtual Reality System for accessibility to improve daily living needs for people with eye conditions such as Macular Degeneration, Stargardts, Glaucoma, Diabetic Retinopathy, Retinitis Pigmentosa and others. This position requires a focused, one on one instruction over the phone or video for IrisVision customers who have multiple daily living goals that require a low vision aid for enhanced eyesight. The goal is to enable the customers to have improved independence, confidence and overall quality of life.
IrisVision, with its most advanced mobile virtual reality (VR) platform, allows people with low vision conditions such as macular degeneration to see clearly in all aspects of daily life. With the help of world-class partnerships with organizations such as Johns Hopkins University, Stanford University, UPMC, The National Eye Institute, and Samsung, IrisVision is growing from a niche wearable medical device company to a platform that is empowering the low vision healthcare industry with the next generation of innovation.
What you will be doing
- Provide remote coaching to onboard IrisVision customers who have low visual acuity (20/80 to 20/1000) or visual field less than 20 degrees.
- Train customer how to use a Virtual Reality headset to assist them with their daily living needs.
- Perform welcome phone calls with new customers to set their expectations and provide an overview of the professional product education.
- Schedule coaching sessions in a timely manner and perform sessions within a structured system within an appropriate time frame.
- Provide excellent customer service during all coaching sessions along with addressing frequently asked questions.
- Track and record all coaching session progress and notes in Salesforce.
- Attend weekly coaching meetings to discuss methodology, reviewing coaching metrics and collaborate for continuous improvement.
- Participate in Alpha and Beta testing new releases and products to ensure client impacts are addressed prior to releasing to our clients.
- Generate new ideas, collaborate with sales, customer support and engineering teams to provide optimal customer experience and support initiatives.
- Provide direct coaching and education to all customers.
- Communicate clear detailed instructions over the phone.
- Identify opportunities for improvement for overall coaching.
- Facilitate team meetings and provide feedback and content for best practices.
- Assist with investigating customer returns.
- Escalate any technical or customer concerns to Customer Support Specialist when appropriate.
- Document all customer interactions in a professional manner based on best practices.
- Follow through with commitments made both external and internal.
- Learn and demonstrate the full use of the IrisVision product – and be able to explain to our clients how to use it.
- Support corporate cultural initiatives and core values.
- 2+ years of experience in Coaching, Customer Service or Technical Support.
- 2+ years of experience assisting seniors with various needs.
- Strong knowledge of “Smart phone” or computer based applications.
- Direct experience working with individuals who have accessibility requirements.
- Highly developed organizational skills to ensure all documents are updated based on defined processes and policies.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Time management skills with the ability to manage all types of customer and set appropriate client expectations.
- Highly evolved listening and education skills to teach customers with different learning abilities.
- Experience working in the medical field, working with Doctors or Occupational Therapy personnel.
- Extensive experience with Salesforce or other CRM tools.